1. The house has been sold, to a young couple who seem very nice. I wish them much joy.
2. We have to be out of the house by August 31. We have been looking, but we haven’t found a place yet. I wish us much luck.
3. No more house showings!!!! Hooray!
4. I have joined the Tour de Fleece. (No, Mom, I am not going to France to ride a bicycle. Hear me out.) The TdFleece is a three-week self-challenge to Spin Every Day, and Spin Better. I have joined Abby‘s team, Team Suck Less, where the goal is simply put: To Suck Less At Spinning On July 26th Than I Do Now.
5. The Tour de Fleece follows the same dates and schedule as the Tour de France: July 4-26, with two rest days, and one “sprint” day, July 22. This is the day the cyclists are going uphill for some horribly long distance, so on that day, we spinners of Team Suck Less have pledged to spin a mile, 1760 yards, in that 24-hour period.
6. Fish will dance and pigs will write sonnets before I am able to spin a physical mile of yarn in one day, so I am trying to come up with some sort of personal spinning goal that is in the spirit of the One Mile Challenge. (Stay Tuned.)
7. Since I am now in Canada, I am thinking of starting on Canada Day, July 1st, which is tomorrow. This is to make up for the fact that for a few days during the last week of the TdF, I will be in Alabama visiting Nicholas’s family and will have limited spinning time.
8. In preparation for this TdF, I have been inventorying my spinning supplies and realized with a shock that I now have SEVEN handspindles:
Left to right: Experimental bottom whorl made of Corian from Desko Spindles; featherweight canarywood Bosworth; Planet Sheep (no longer made); a lovely Maggie; Fox Den polymer clay; experimental bottom whorl made by yours truly out of polymer clay; Jesh rose spindle.
9. Yes, it is pouring here, as you can see from the photo of the SOLD sign above. (I got drenched just taking that one photo from the porch.)
10. More shall be revealed. That’s all I can say until July 1st. (Big day, July 1st.)